Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tennessee Titans 2013 Schedule with Predictions



Here is the first glance at the Tennessee Titans 2013 schedule courtesy of USA Today. All times are easter time. 

Sept. 8: at Pittsburgh Steelers, 1 p.m.
Sept. 15: at Houston Texans, 1 p.m.
Sept. 22: vs. San Diego Chargers, 1 p.m.
Sept. 29: vs. New York Jets, 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 6: vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m.
Oct. 13: at Seattle Seahawks, 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 20: vs. San Francisco 49ers, 4:05 p.m.
Oct. 27: Bye
Nov. 3: at St. Louis Rams, 1 p.m.
Nov. 10: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.
Nov. 14: vs. Indianapolis Colts, 8:25 p.m.
Nov. 24: at Oakland Raiders, 4:05 p.m.
Dec. 1: at Indianapolis Colts, 1 p.m.
Dec. 8: at Denver Broncos, 4:05 p.m.
Dec. 15: vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1 p.m.
Dec. 22: at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m.
Dec. 29: vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m.

So now that I've seen the schedule I'm going to make an early prediction on the season for Mike Munchack and company.  First off I don't think this is your normal Steelers team and I believe they are in transition sort of like the Titans so I'm going to give the Titans a win here.  The Houston Texans on the other hand are most definitely not in transition therefore I'm going with the Texans in this game.  The Charges usually have the Titans number but I think the Titans pull this one off in Nashville.  This rematch of the lone Monday night game for the Titans, the New York Jets is also a victory in my opinion.  I see the Titans moving on to 4-1 against the Chiefs at home.  Going to Seattle and facing arguable one of the top 4 best teams in the league, the Seahawks, unfortunately looks like a loss for the Titans I have to go with Seattle here.  At San Fransisco isn't any easier and I see the Titans dropping another one here.  This would make the Titans 4-3 heading into their week 8 bye, which I would say is nothing to be ashamed of.

After the bye the Titans face their former head coach Jeff Fisher and the Saint Louis Rams.  I have to give the edge to the Rams and Fisher in this game because I just believe their roster is more talented and Fisher is a step above Munchack in the coaching department.  Up next the Titans get the Jagaurs and rookie head coach Gus Bradley.  I am going with the Titans here as I believe the Jaguars are the worst team in football this year.  Andrew Luck and the Colts are up next in Nashville for the Titans.  In this one I think the Titans fall to .500 with a loss to the Colts making them 5-5.  But luckily they draw the second worst team in my eyes, the Oakland Raiders, next.  I have to go with Jake Locker and the Titans here, chalk up another win for the Titans!  Here's those pesky Colts again, and guess what it's the same outcome.  The Titans fall to .500 again with a loss to the Colts marking them at 6-6. 

These last four games are crucial if the Titans have any hope of making the playoffs.  This next game though pits the Titans against one of the greatest, if not the greatest, quarterbacks of all-time Peyton Manning.  I don't foresee the Titans beating the Broncos in the mile high city, effectively dropping the Titans to 6-7.  Luckily face a far less daunting opponent the Arizona Cardinals next.  I predict the Titans get back to .500 with a win against Bruce Ariens and the Cardinals, slightly keeping the Titans playoff hopes alive at 7-7.  Another game against Jacksonville propels the Titans to 8-7 and a continued hope for the postseason.  This last game against the Texans very well could mean nothing to Houston since there is a good chance they will have the division wrapped up at this point.  This is why I'm predicting the Titans beat the Texans and finish the season at 9-7.  This record could very well could put the Titans in the playoffs depending on how other teams do.

No comments:

Post a Comment